(Option to remove multiple lesions in one clinic setting)
- Excision of skin lesions (lipomas, epidermal cysts, pilar cysts, pilonidal cysts, skin tags)
- Excision and biopsy of superficial breast masses or lymph nodes or for gynecomastia tissue removal
- Excision and biopsy of moles or any concerning skin lesions
- Incision and drainage of skin infections (abscess)
- Excision of hidradenitis suppurativa (superficial and localized)
- Management of thrombosed hemorrhoids
- Laceration repair
- Scar revisions
- Excision and prevention of keloids or hypertrophic scars
- Repair of ear lobe tears
- Removal of ports (chemotherapy or IV treatment completed signed off by oncologist or PCM)
- Wound debridement and wound care management.
List of Medical Evaluation/Workup:
- Preop evaluation
- Work/School return to duty
- Workup to assess if requires major surgical treatment ie gallbladder, appendix, hernias
- GERD management possibly preventing need for endoscopic assessment
- Assessment for peripheral vascular disease and varicose veins
Siri Sastri, MD
All procedures are performed in my outpatient clinic. Hospitalization is not required!
Viropana Healing Surgical Clinic, About Wound Care & Skin Infections
I have been successful at creating small incisions that heal well in addition to managing wounds with various etiologies. Post-op surgical wounds, diabetic ulcers, pressure ulcers, and venous stasis ulcers are just a few of the wounds I am comfortable with managing.
A combination of patient education in optimizing their comorbidities and adopting a holistic approach significantly aids in wound healing and preventing recurrences.
In addition to the education and holistic approach focusing on diet/lifestyle/mental health, I perform effective surgical debridement when needed.
This debridement is the key to invigorating the wounds due to blood bringing a host of healing factors and cells to the fight.
Most chronic wounds “stall out” due to multiple factors, and my holistic and surgical approach can wake them back up to encourage wound healing.
My approach is to initiate care with a history and physical along with surgical/wound management and educational discussions for the patients and their families to augment care at home and postoperatively.
My goal is to attack wound care on three fronts:
- effective debridement, and
- optimizing comorbidities.
For surgical procedures, my goal is to provide efficient care so that patients can spend less time in clinics and more time back at work and living their lives.
I also will utilize education and optimization of comorbidities to ensure patients recover quickly from their surgical procedures and are left with minimal to no scarring and pain.
Another large group of patients who can benefit from my clinic would be those with skin infections head-to-toe that require incision and drainage of abscess pockets to resolve the infection before it becomes systemic and moves into the vascular system.
Most of these patients are placed on oral antibiotics when they present to urgent care clinics or ERs, when all they need is a simple incision and drainage on the spot to allow the infection to stop worsening.
These drainage procedures can be done under local anesthesia in our outpatient clinic.
I would also provide the follow-up care after the procedure so that patients are seen until the infection is confirmed to be resolved, allowing for continuity of care instead of being seen by ER/urgent care providers, then a PCM, and eventually a surgeon if things worsen.
This prolonging of care can be stopped and I can provide a “one-stop-shop” for patients.
Insurance and Payment Options
We currently accept Aetna, Anthem Medicaid, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Culinary, Medicare/Medicaid, Molina Insurance, Silver Summit.
In addition, we offer cash pay at a reasonable price, and we can perform multiple procedures, such as mole removals, during the same appointment to save our patient’s time.
For those who want to avoid waiting at emergency rooms or urgent care clinics, we offer expedited services for cash pay.